Wednesday, April 2, 2014

KEITH KIM, Rental Agent Makes False Claim that I Was Not Going to Pay Rent

April 3, 2014 UPDATE

I have always been within my right to ensure I am within a Healthy and safe enviornment.


Definition

  • Under California law, a retaliatory eviction or action is defined as a landlord's attempt to evict a tenant in response to the tenant exercising a legal right or making a complaint about the rental unit. A landlord also commits a retaliatory eviction when he attempts to raise the tenant's rent or enact some other form of punishment against the tenant due to the tenant's complaint or exercising a right. This includes suspending or reducing services such as utilities and repairs and other services included in the rental agreement or required by law.

Application of the Law

  • California law creates a presumption of retaliatory motive in certain situations. The law assumes there is a retaliatory motive when a landlord attempts to evict his tenant or takes some other retaliatory action within six months of the tenant exercising certain rights. These include the tenant's right: to repair any defect necessary to make the rental unit fit to live in and deduct the cost of the repair from his rent; to complain about the condition of the unit to the landlord or a public agency; to file a lawsuit based on the condition of the unit; or to cause a public agency to inspect the unit or cite the landlord.


April 2, 2014
18: 15 PM PDT

KEITH STORMED OUT STATING - RETALIATION BY RENTAL AGENT -

"DON'T PAY YOUR RENT, I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW WITH YOUR THREE DAY NOTICE." 

So, the True Colors Come out within the context of a conversation about deducting $15 from the rent for the Wash that I had to do because of the BED BUG spraying that Transpired on Saturday, March 29, 2014.

Substandard Living -
Since, Keith put in the slats across the bed, we talked about the rent.  I stated that I had a $15 dollar reimbursement for the BED BUG Wash that I did on Saturday.

He asked for the receipt, from which I provided him, see below photo, and to ask the Owner since he was going over there if I could deduct it from the rent.

What transpired next was Keith making an assumption that I would not pay my rent, which was never indicated within the context of this conversation, only to provide me with an answer based on the Wash Receipt I had provided to him, and what I should make the check out for.

Making an issue about Rent, when I have witnessed the number of times, several residents have been clearly LATE on Rental payments, and the owner comes by all month long getting whatever money she can from these residents.  As opposed to myself who has ALWAYS PAID MY RENT ON TIME and ON THE FIRST OF EACH MONTH.

Keith, then starts talking about how HE CAN GET PLENTY OF RESIDENTS to TESTIFY AGAINST ME - the ONLY PROBLEM - (FIRST THREAT)

What would they be testifying about?  My Rental Payment, since that was WHAT the ENTIRE CONVERSATION was about RENTAL PAYMENT - and EVEN THEN - I never said I would not pay - ONLY for him to Call me back, to let me know If it could be DEDUCTED from the RENT.

Next Keith Starts INTIMATING that NO JUDGE is going to CARE - and that they are going to SEE THINGS their way.  (Threat number 2 - already claiming that a Judge was going to take their side about the RENT? or SOME OTHER ISSUES?  )

Here is the bottom legal line.  What transpired between Keith and Myself had to do with Deducting $15 from the Rent, from which he was going over to speak to the Property Owner and he was to CALL ME BACK to let me know what the AMOUNT would be.

So, the Rental Agent Keith attempted to turn it all against me, by falsely claiming that I was refusing to pay the rent.

He first asks for the Receipt for the Wash, from which I had to him stating the following
 (Per Keith how many rooms was asked?  he states that there are FIVE ROOMS PER SIDE, with FOUR SIDES)

TRANSCRIPT FROM RECORDING  - VERBATIM ABOUT WHAT TRANSPIRED - ANY CLAIM OTHER RESIDENTS HAVE THIS RECORDING WILL PROVE ANY LIES BEING TOLD BY THE OTHER RESIDENTS OF THIS BUILDING - YOU KNOW THE ONE'S KEITH CLAIMS WILL TESTIFY AGAINST ME - (CREDIBILITY FACTOR) VERSUS (REAL TIME RECORDING ABOUT BED BUGS, SUBSTANDARD, PAYING RENT LESS $15 FOR BED BUG BEDDING/LINEN/BLANKET AND IMMEDIATE CLOTHING WASH)  - AND KEITH THE ONE - WHO LOST HIS TEMPER - LIKE THE OWNERS DAUGHTER - and HOW THEY REACT WHICH IS IMMEDIATE RETALIATION AND HOSTILITY - 

Then I had him the receipt which he asks for -
Keith:  What is that?

June:  It's the receipt, you said you wanted the receipt.  It is the one they gave me from Lucy's wash on Sunset across from Home Depot.

Keith:  Ok, Alright, so uh, yeah I'll bring it to her it should be fine.

June: You Korean's, I sure have learned my lesson, Women Stabbing their Husbands, You were just taking care of one yesterday (Two Koreans males, one used a Knife), What's going on Keith, You running after people when you get mad.

Keith: When they threaten me I'll do that

June:  Alright, you tell me if that is okay (handed the receipt to Keith, after photographing it)

Keith: Inaudible

June:  OK, well  make sure if she approves it, give me a text or whatever so I'll deduct it from the rent.

Keith: No, You can not...  This is... Ok, maybe I'll do it ..  Trust me, If you want to live here in a harmonious way ... 

June: You know what Keith, I'm one of the few people from this building who actually pays on time.

Keith:  That has Nothing to do with it.

June:  I'm not going to get into harassment here.  I'll pull all records of all people and I will force this into a court of law ...   I don't care about paying rent

Keith:  There are people here who will Testify against You.

June:  Well them let them do it, Keith.  I will pay...

Keith: You really want to Go Down that Road.

June:  You need to do what you need to do.  I said I would pay, but I wanted to make sure that was okay, whether I deduct it or ... You figure that portion out.

Keith:  Okay I can do that, but it's the Way you

June:  If you feel you need to do that, then you do whatever you think you need to do.  I will pay my rent.  I have never had a problem paying my rent.  Do not accuse me of having problems paying the rent.  This is a sub-living standard with bed bugs.

Keith:  You can't - Listen.  I've done this .  You can claim anything you want.  The JUDGE is not going to care about what you are saying now.  It doesn't matter what you claim, the Judge is going to think.

June: OK fine, then let the judge.  You know I not saying... I'm saying ..  So you want to drag in all the other residents'

Keith:  You know I am not going to prove this.  So, don't pay the rent.  I will give you Three Days Tomorrow.

June:  What? You see there goes his Temper.  You see how his temper is.  He does not want to negotiate, he just gets mad.

Keith:  (storming off) Don't pay the rent.  ( is outside at his car, making a public scene about how I was

June:  I never said I wasn't paying it.  I asked you if you would do the deduction Keith.  I asked you to call me back about whether she would take it out of the rent.  You are making up stories over here.

Keith:  (outside by his care in carport of 905/907 S. Catalina, Los Angeles, CA)

Something about giving him an ultimatum - which I did not do.

Below is an outline, along with previous days documenting.  What this shows is that I as a resident was doing my duty to provide myself with a basic Stand Living and Housing Environment.  By asking these things - It has been met with Resistance, Lack of Response, Delays, and Major Hostility in particular by the Daughter, and then today with Keith.

I as the Victim of Bed Bugs, and the amount of time, I had to take in order to resolve this situation, which basically is not resolved - and asking for basics like reimbursement for the wash - turns into an ATTACK of How I handle things.  The reality - based upon Matt telling me that Michael - has been telling other Residents' about the owner wanted to Evict me - We have cause for serious Discriminatory and Prejudicial attitudes.  This also includes Michael making a statement about how:  "No one cares what you have to say around here."  This statement, means that when I ask or have a concern, they simply BRUSH IT OFF - but in reality - these are valid issues - in this case BED BUGS is a Public Health Issue - and not some trivial thing.

Also, Keith made an attempt to state that I took the Box Spring Out - I do not want something sprayed or not that has been infested with Bed Bugs for my own Public Health Safety, and because it provides me with a safer sense that the infected Box Spring is NOT in the Room.  I as the paying Tenant, have the right to feel I am living in a Basic Standard of Living Furnished space.  If, the Box Spring was found to have BED BUGS - then I do not HAVE TO KEEP USING IT - If, I feel that it poses a threat to the Standard of Living within the paid private living space that I reside in. 


Here is the bottom line.  The ISSUE:  BED BUGS - SUBSTANDARD LIVING - and Taking care of a Mattress Sitting on the Floor, which Keith did take care of today.  And, asking about the Wash Reimbursement - by way of Deduction from the Rent.
1. Keith asks for receipt - which I provided to him from Lucy's Wash N Dry on Sunset across from Home Depot, Hollywood.
2. At no time Ever did I state I would NOT PAY - but to get a Confirmation from the Building Owner about Deducting the $15 from the Rent, so I would know exactly what to pay.
3. Keith then brings in Harmony - What harmony, this has been about the BED BUG situation - and ensuring the Substandard of Living was brought back up to basic Standards.
a. Lifting bed off Floor
b. Reimbursement for $15 wash of bedding and immediate clothing
4. Keith brings in Other Residents' at this Location that would Testify Against me -
(has nothing to do with the Bed Bugs, Rent which I never said I would not pay, and Reimbursement)
5. Keith then attempt to make more threats by stating the Judge would not care what I claim -
6. Keith is the one who said DON'T PAY THE RENT - He will be giving me a (3) day notice -

This is MORE about LOOKING FOR EXCUSES - RETALIATION - and NOT WANTING TO DEAL WITH THIS PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUE - and THEN ATTEMPTING TO TURN IT UPON ME - the PERSON WHOSE BOX SPRING WAS FOUND TO BE INFECTED WITH BED BUGS -












No comments:

Post a Comment